and co-founder of BOOSTHEAT SA
I am very proud today to present to you BOOSTHEAT's planned initial public offering.I am very proud today to announce that BOOSTHEAT launched its initial public offering.
With home heating accounting for around 25%1 of worldwide energy consumption and with almost 50% of European boilers older than 25 years2, I consider it urgent to take steps towards more efficient heating management.
This commitment to act - quickly and significantly - also reflects a deep conviction: that the expected impacts of global warming, a major challenge over the next thirty years, will change our lifestyles. Energy transition involves going even further in the search for energy optimization. This is the vision that underpinned the incorporation of BOOSTHEAT in 2011.
Our cutting edge, energy-efficient and sustainable heating solutions address these challenges. Based on a patented, innovative, proprietary technology, the BOOSTHEAT.20 boiler can reduce both energy bills and CO2 emissions by up to 50%.
In just a few years, BOOSTHEAT has crossed major milestones. Our company now has 96 employees3, 2 marketing subsidiaries (in France and in Germany) and its own manufacturing facilities covering an area of 7,000 m2 (the boiler is fully assembled in-house).
The Company targets to achieve 200 BOOSTHEAT.20 orders in 2019 and is already over 60% towards achieving this target. Within 3 years, BOOSTHEAT aims to reach an order target of circa 4,500 units of BOOSTHEAT.20 per year. In the mid-to-long term BOOSTHEAT intends to achieve a recurring operating income of up to 25%. The Group intends also to reach at least a 5% market share within five years of its launch on each market (France, Germany, Switzerland).
Through this IPO, the Company intends to secure the funds required to finance its roadmap with several targeted levers: strengthening the sales forces, opening subsidiaries, research and development of new applications, extending the production capacity of our manufacturing facilities, etc. We want you to be part of this drive with our initial public offering.
By becoming a shareholder of BOOSTHEAT, you have the opportunity to make an investment that impacts our planet.
Economy and ecology are not incompatible. Investing in a socially responsible business, catering to a target market worth billions of euros - that's our offer to you today.
With BOOSTHEAT, you can play an active part in a new energy era.
1Data from International Energy Agency - https://iea.org/renewables2018/heat
22016 European Commission Report (An EU Strategy on Heating and Cooling)
3At 30 June 2019
Holdigaz, the 4th natural gas distributor in Switzerland, has become an important shareholder of BOOSTHEAT.
Our quest for innovative technological solutions led us to choose the least energy-consuming boiler in the world in order to be in line with the main energy transition objectives in Switzerland: reducing primary energy consumption and greenhouse gas emissions.
Holdigaz will import into Switzerland the amazing technological breakthrough developed by BOOSTHEAT's engineers and welcomes the opportunity of sharing its enthusiasm with its customers.
Chairman and CEO, Holdigaz SA
The energy transition has a two-fold objective: to halve consumption and achieve carbon neutrality.
Objectives for gas use, which today serves to balance the energy mix by covering most heating needs, call for two major changes: moving towards a 100% green gas and offering disruptive solutions that can halve consumption.
In this context, the commercial launch of the thermodynamic boiler, BOOSTHEAT.20, which is 200% more energy efficient and will be compatible with green gases, is a major step in promoting the place of gas in the energy mix of tomorrow.
Development Director, GrDF
Founded in 2011, BOOSTHEAT designs, develops, and manufactures high-tech energy efficient and sustainable heating solutions. Fitted with a patented thermal compressor, the new generation of BOOSTHEAT boilers yield up to 200% return on initial investment and can cut energy consumption by up to half. More economical and eco-friendly than existing solutions, BOOSTHEAT boilers immediately generate dramatic reductions in environmental impact. BOOSTHEAT has its head office and manufacturing plant in Vénissieux, near Lyon (historically an HVAC* industrial zone). The Company holds the Entreprise Innovante (Bpifrance) and French Fab labels.*Heating, ventilation and air-conditioning.
5 reasons to invest
1. Heating, a major driver of the energy transition
- A necessity: cutting greenhouse gas emissions by 45% in 2030, compared to 2010 level, to limit global warming at 1.5°C1.
- In concrete terms, home heating accounts for 25% of worldwide energy consumption2. However, almost 50% of European boilers are more than 25 years old3.
- … In other words, a target market of around €3.3 billion/year4 representing 232,400 boilers to be replaced per year in the residential and small collective housing sector in three priority areas (France, Germany and Switzerland).
2. BOOSTHEAT.20, “the most energy-efficient boiler in the world”, which finances itself through the savings generated
- By combining a condensing boiler with a heat pump and adding a thermal compressor, BOOSTHEAT.20 generates the most efficient energy performances on the market, based on Gas Utilization Efficiency5, compared with competing products.
- A patented technological innovation with CE marking since September 2018.
- A more environment-friendly product due to the use of a clean refrigerant, CO2, (2,000 times less polluting than standard gas) with the best current ranking (A++).
- A more cost-effective product which can cut energy consumption by up to 50%, and pays for itself entirely through the savings generated6.
3. A fully operational European industrial and commercial business
- A business backed by 96 talented employees7, two-thirds of which in industrialization and R&D.
- 2 marketing subsidiaries, in France and Germany.
- An operational plant of 7,000 m2, meeting the most exacting standards of the Factory of the Future, located in Vénissieux on the former Bosch industrial site which now forms the core of the USIN Lyon Parilly project.
- A production capacity of 20,000 boilers / year, subject to staff recruitment, without additional investment. A capacity of up to 50,000 boilers per year, with limited investment compared to initial investments, at the existing production site.
- A commercial agreement with Holdigaz Group in Switzerland (4th distributor of natural gas in Switzerland), a historical shareholder of the Company.
- A framework agreement worth €30 million with Dalkia for the higher capacity version, the BOOSTHEAT.50, for the services sector (power ranging from 50 to 250 KW, available in 2022). An amendment to the initial contract is under negotiation.
4. Strong ambitions to become a recognized European player
- Already 131 first orders registered at Prospectus date, among which 50 in Switzerland, with a target of 200 boilers ordered by end 2019.
- A clear roadmap with a wider roll-out across the whole of Europe. Within 3 years, a target of circa 4,500 units of BOOSTHEAT.20 per year and a break-even in recurring operating income reached9.
- At mid-long term, BOOSTHEAT intends to post a current operating income of up to 25%.
- BOOSTHEAT intends to capture a market share of at least 5% in each targeted market after 5 years of presence (France, Germany, Switzerland).
5. Technological, commercial and financial support of the new European gas sector
- Partners and financial support, including Holdigaz, major gas player in Switzerland, BOOSTHEAT's key shareholder, and Fluxys, an independent Belgian group operating in the natural gas transmission infrastructure sector.
- Technical partners to certify the technology (ENGIE Lab CRIGEN and GRDF in France, DVGW and Innogy in Germany) and a network of agents and installers, currently being set up, to cover France, trained and certified by BOOSTHEAT.
- Marketing partners working alongside the company to promote BOOSTHEAT boilers (Butagaz, Dalkia and Holdigaz).
AND ONE MORE REASON…
6. BOOSTHEAT rated SUSTAINABLE LEADER<sup>10</sup> by EthiFinance
- Sustainable Development Goals:
BOOSTHEAT reached the level « Major Contribution » towards the United Nations' goals thanks to 100% of its product portfolio serving the needs of the energy transition.
BOOSTHEAT rating: 75/100
- ESG Maturity (=responsibility):
BOOSTHEAT obtained the maturity level « Advanced » and is 15 points above companies in its industry (industry average: 43/100).
BOOSTHEAT rating: 58/100
- GIEC, October 8, 2018
- International Energy Agency data - https://iea.org/renewables2018/heat
- 2016 European Commission Report - An EU Strategy on Heating and Cooling
- Based on the price of the boiler equipment, €14,300 excl. VAT (excluding accessories and installation costs). Market size based on Company calculations on the basis of BSRIA Domestic Boilers France & Deutschland 2018 Studies.
- Company estimate based on external laboratory test reports (CETIAT and Gas.be): 188% in aerothermal application (A7) | 229% in geothermal application (W10)
- Cost of material and installation fully recovered over 15 years: Company estimate - comparison with 20+ year old boiler consuming 30,000kW per year. Comparison performed between annual savings estimated over 15 years including energy inflation (3.5% oil/gas) on the basis of replacing a 20+ year old boiler with a BOOSTHEAT.20 on a 15-year payment plan (installation included) excluding annual maintenance costs of €180 per year.
- At June 30, 2019
- Major part of which might be installed and invoiced during the first months of 2020. The revenue is recognised when the installation is carried out.
- 4,500 installations of BOOSTHEAT.20 is estimated to mark its breakeven threshold (recurring operating income).
- Non-financial rating - ESG Maturity report - EthiFinance June 2019 - Etude Gaia Rating. Governance 55/100 - Social 70/100 - Environment 41/100 - External stakeholders 64/100
BOOSTHEAT publishes its Registration Document Approved by the French Financial Markets Authority (AMF) in connection with its proposed initial public offering on the Euronext market in Paris